Key Market Statistics
2013 Value of Global Agrochemicals Market
2013-2019 Expected Annual Growth
2019 Projected Value of Global Biopolymers Market
7.8 million tons
2019 Projected Annual Production of Bioplastics
Biological-Based Agrochemical Market
- The global agrochemicals market is valued at $50.7 billion in 2013 and is expected to grow 5.5% annually through 2019, reaching $69.6 billion
- The emerging biological-based inputs segment are expected to reach $8.8 billion by 2022, being the highest growing and most profitable products.
- These biological-based agrochemicals will supplement and replace traditional pesticides and fertilizers with lower environmental impact. Biologically-based inputs are demonstrating similar efficacy to conventional chemical.
- The seed treatment market is estimated to be valued at $5.58 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8% to be valued at $9.82 million by 2021.
Industrial Biotechnology Market
- Chemical and product manufacturers are seeking inputs with little to zero dependence on volatile feedstock, including naturally derived materials and petroleum.
- Bioplastics is expected to reach 17% of market by 2030.